Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Randomness

Some random things that have happened over the past couple of months...

**We finally got Trey in a bed (He's only 3 1/2).  Notice the car in is hand.  He can't go to bed without bringing the toy of the day with him.  Some nights it's a car, some nights it's a golf club - yes, a full-size golf club.  The other night it was a basketball.
Kevin has discovered the "Magic Tree House" series books.  He LOVES them and will easily read 60 pages a night.  We put him to bed and he gets his little light out and reads until he falls asleep.  It's great, and I can't get the books fast enough.  
Kevin took a basketball skills class and is now done with it.  His favorite day was the last day.  It's all about the trophy.  He did have a fun time and can now sort of dribble the ball.  I guess that is worth the thirty dollars?
Kevin also finished swimming lessons.  He's determined to become a good swimmer so he can "learn to scuba and become a marine biologist."  
Remember how I said that Trey always had to bring some sort of toy to bed with him?  One night my brain was on vacation and I let him take silly putty to bed with him.  SERIOUSLY, what was I thinking?  Kevin even told me that Trey should put the silly putty in a container before he took it to bed.  I told him, no, it would be fine.  Really - what could have possibly been going through my head that I thought this would turn out well.  The picture below is what we woke up to.  Aaahhh!  This is "the" stuffed animal - you know, the one that he sleeps with every night and can't let anything happen to it.  So after a little internet research, I rubbed it with hand sanitizer and WD-40 and got it out.  Who would have thought?  Note - don't let your kids sleep with silly putty.  I'm guessing this is common sense to most moms.  
We had so much fun outside with the warm weather last week.  Too bad it didn't last long.  The boys love playing in the dirt in our flower bed in the front yard (I'm hoping it will be home to flowers instead of toy trucks this year).  I don't mind them playing in the dirt.  They're boys.  That's what they're supposed to do.  

Kevin and Trey were in the bathtub for over an hour the other night with their goggles and snorkel.  I was cooking dinner and all I heard was hysterical laughter coming from the bathroom.  I finally decided to set up the video camera on the counter just so I could capture the fun they were having with each other.  The video was priceless.  I would show it, but Trey kept standing up and showing his hoo-ha.  I'm sure there's a way to edit it and cover it up, I just haven't figured it out.  (They're going to love these kind of videos when they're 16).  So for now, here's a picture.  
I did something VERY embarassing at the grocery store last week.  I'm not sure if I want to write about it - it might taint my image.  I rarely do dumb or embarassing things.  This was a doosey.  Is that a word?  

8 comments:

Mama Thompson said...

Loving the randomness...I've read lists of things the WD-40 does...can of scary to think what is in that stuff...'cause it can do pretty much anything!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Great post. I will be sure to remember the silly putty stuff and how to get it out if I ever need it. The weather was great over the weekend as well. Always nice when they can get out after being cooped up all winter.

Julia said...

Are you going to leave us hanging with the grocery store story?

Your boys are so cute! WD-40 took crayon off my wall...

DeDe said...

I love it! :) I'd love to see the video too.

Bryn said...

What did you do?

Rees Family said...

What a fun blog post. I love all the fun things about the kids. Very cute.

Rees Family said...

I still want to know what you did at the store!

Sarah said...

Hi Jamie! What a cute update and fun things you are doing. You have such a cute family! I would love to send you your "Pay It Forward" gift, but I need your address. Will you email it to me at sarahandkids@hotmail.com? Thanks!