Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Little Rascals - A Bit Late

Kevin and Trey have both had birthdays within the last month. Kevin turned 7 and Trey turned 4. I know this is late, but I have to wish them HAPPY BIRTHDAY and let them know how much I love them. Sooo... a picture and something I love about them for every year of their little lives...

Kevin...

-You make friends easier than anyone I know. This is one of your greatest talents, and I hope you keep it up. It doesn't matter where we are - the park, McDonalds, the mall even - you ALWAYS make a friend.

-You are very sensitive to others' feelings.

-You have a very strong testimony, and I see it growing all the time. I love hearing that you say silent prayers in your head when you need help with something at school. I love talking to you about those prayers and seeing the tears (that you deny) in your eyes as you feel the Spirit.

-You are very smart! You love to learn. I know more about ocean animals than I ever thought I would through you. I love that you want to be a Marine Biologist. Whatever your dreams are, I hope you have the courage to follow them.

-You have always been a snuggler, even now with your long, growing body. When you come in our bed in the mornings, you still manage to mold your body to ours and snuggle as close as you can.

-You laugh easily.

- You are very creative. The other day, you made a submarine out of food and turned your bed into a boat. I love it!


Trey...

-You are determined. When you want something, you don't stop until you get it. While you are four, this can be frustrating for both of us. I think when you are older, this trait will serve you well and help you to accomplish many things in life. (That's what I keep telling myself).

- Self-mastery is very important to you. You will practice catching a ball until you have it just perfect. You will do something over and over again until you have it just how you want it. Even if it takes hours. Or days.

- You like to be goofy. This is kind of new for you, but you seem to have caught on pretty good. Whenever you sense that somebody is upset at something, you do something funny to diffuse the situation. We can't help but laugh!

-I love the random hugs and kisses you give me throughout the day. "Mom, I need some hugs" and "Mom, I love you" are phrases I hear multiple times each day from you. Please never stop!


Oh, and I can't forget their cupcakes. It's pretty easy to guess whose are whose.


6 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Wow, love the cupcakes!!!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Your boys are so cute!

Rees Family said...

I love the cupcakes. You are so talented. They look like professional ones you would by at Harmon's but even better. You should go into a cake making business.

Rees Family said...

I love all the pictures of your boys. They are so cute.

Mer said...

Aww, happy birthday Kevin and Trey! My goal is to get their birthday package to them by the end of July.. then it will still at least be in Trey's birthday month.

It's so crazy to me that Kevin is 7! When I first met him he had just barely learned to walk and loved Kosy Shack pudding. :) First he called me "May," then "Merrif." :)

Whenever I think about Trey as a baby I think about the time he was standing up on the couch, kinda propped up between the arm and the cushion. He was so dang stiff that when he wanted to sit down, rather than bending his legs and slumping down he just tipped over like a tree falling!

What great boys. We miss them!

P.S. Your cupcakes are AMAZING!

Noble5 said...

Some of the cutest, most handsome boys I know!!! Hope they had great birthdays.